• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Losing WiFi connections and other quirks with your A-100? Read to buy, but. . .

Reviews on Amazon for the 'gadget-packed' A-100 are impressive ... and I would buy one today - although as of Jan 31st, they are out of stock nearly
    everywhere in the U.S.
    Several reviewers have commented on frequently losing their WiFi connections with a home hotspot cards. Is this a common issue with users??
    And what other 'quirks' have A-100 users encountered. Just curious before buying (if I can). Thanks for input!

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I haven't had any issues with my WiFi dropping in the middle of use. I really haven't had any major issues that I didn't bring on myself with this tablet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not had any problems dropping the wifi connection in my house. Always a strong signal throughout the house.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Using an iPad for over a year before getting my A100 set my expectations high. I got my A100 when it first came out, use it every day and find it more useful than my iPad. Only 2 issues I've encountered: the short battery life, and the headphone bug. You can read about either in detail on this forum.

WiFi works great, I've used it all over the place - home, work, coffee shops, etc. no drops, and sensitivity is equal or better than my iPad. My Dad got an A100 and had some WiFi drop issues. After some troubleshooting he realized he was getting radio interference and fixed the problem by changing the channel of his home WiFi router.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've had absolutely NO wifi issues with my A100. I did have the headphone bug, but that was resolved when I manually upgrated to 3.2.1. I'm hoping that upgrade also improved my mic -- haven't tested that yet.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm glad to hear this from you guys... I've read at least four reviews that folks we being dropped, yet their other devices worked fine. Guess I won't worry about it. Does A-100 have any other quirky 'snags' that bug you? Thanks David

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    When I first got my A100, it did drop Wi-Fi signal every few minutes. Only at my home network, so it may not have liked my router. It was very annoying.
    But I found a thread explaining how to set it up with a static IP which completely solved the problem. Now it hasn't dropped the signal since November.

Link to the solution I found: how-resolve-wifi-issue-static-ip-address
    Last edited by Ranger; 02-01-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Found link

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Ranger . . . have bookmarked it on my laptop. Wallie_World is selling A-100 for $249.00 but none in stock in all of No. Florida. Can't wait. : - )

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Like MRC01, I too have been a long time iPad user (work has provided me one), so I am still adjusting to the diffences between iOS and Android.

I love my A100, especially the 7" form factor and the GPS capabilities; however, I do have a few issues with it:

- Battery life could be a lot better.
    - USB charging capabilities? Most devices charge via a USB connection now. Would be nice not to have to carry around another charge kit.
    - WiFi has dropped a lot. I will have to look into changing the channel on my router, more than likely I too am having an interference issue.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    It would be nice if the A100 charged via USB, even if were only a slow trickle charge like the iPad did.
    But factory OEM chargers are cheap ($15) so I just got a second one for work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links