• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen won't Rotate

Is there a trick to making the screen rotate? There is a switch on the side to lock rotation but my screen will not rotate regardless of lock position. The only time the screen rotates is when an app makes it rotate. The system is stock ROM, rooted with WIFI adhoc change. Anyone else with this issue?

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I do not have this issue, but it is possible you have a defective device. Use the reset pinhole to see if that helps. If not, return it and get a new unit.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What will hitting the reset do? Will I loose data? Root? have to re-install everything? I guess if it should be rotating as my LG Revolution does when I turn it, then something is wrong with it.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No, using the reset pin hole will not cause any data loss. It will reset your device and should reset the calibration of your gyro sensor. If you are positive that your rotation lock is off (pushed to the left when landscape), then your screen should be rotating.

Also - are you using the stock launcher? If you have installed a custom launcher, that may prevent your home screen from rotating. Open up web browser and see if that rotates.

edit: also, have you done a reboot? Long press the power button until you see a prompt to turn off. Then turn it back on to see if that helps.

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I am positive on the switch and tried rebooting when I first noticed it.

Did the reset button and all it seemed to do was reboot the device. It did nothing else. Rotate still would not work and all data and files were intact. Since I figured it was going back I did a software reset under Privacy in Settings. That seemed to do the trick since when it came back and I walked through setup it has been working.

Not sure why it did what it did but a system file may not have been working correctly and resetting the software seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Iconia Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    good, I'm glad that you got it fixed and don't have to resort to returning it.

Iconia Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Have seen that happen with other devices when rooted. Did you have to go back to stock or just restore?

Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did not loose root or my ad-hoc hack when I reset the software. I still have su and busybox installed.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links