• Login:

Welcome to the Acer Tablet forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    9628
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Micro USB for A100?

    Does anyone know where I can find a micro USB cable for the A100? Evidently there are at least 3 sizes of micro plugs around but none of the ones I have fit the A100 or match the cable that was supplied in the A100 box. I don't know what model number or code size to look for and people in the stores don't seem to be willing to let me open a package to see if the cable inside will actually fir the A100.
    Would appreciate any info.
    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    8676
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdomin2 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a micro USB cable for the A100? Evidently there are at least 3 sizes of micro plugs around but none of the ones I have fit the A100 or match the cable that was supplied in the A100 box. I don't know what model number or code size to look for and people in the stores don't seem to be willing to let me open a package to see if the cable inside will actually fir the A100.
    Would appreciate any info.
    Thanks

    I use a small retractable USB cable kit i picked up at Wal-Mart. If i recall is was $14. It comes with a selection of end pieces to use and works well with my A100 and A501. It is model number CPUSB3RTKIT. I am sure you could find it on their website.

  4. #3
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    9628
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you-will check into it

  5. #4
    Iconia Informant
    Member #
    7008
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kldsad View Post
    I use a small retractable USB cable kit i picked up at Wal-Mart. If i recall is was $14. It comes with a selection of end pieces to use and works well with my A100 and A501. It is model number CPUSB3RTKIT. I am sure you could find it on their website.
    Thanks, I'm an A100 owner too and I'm going to have to check that one out too considering Walmart has it in-stock. Hopefully it helps.

  6. #5
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    8676
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Liked
    1 times
    Most welcome that's what we are here for, helping one another.

  7. #6
    Iconia Lurker
    Member #
    14458
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times

    Micro USB for A100?

    The A500 has 2 USB ports: one micro, one full size. And it supports master and slave modes.
    The A100 has only one micro USB port. It must support slave mode - plug it into a computer and it appears as a USB storage device slave controlled by the PC. But does the A100 support master mode?
    That is, can you plug in a keyboard or external storage device to the A100's micro USB, and use or control it from the A100? You would need a USB micro adapter, but does this work?

  8. #7
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    10389
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    461
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardFudnavis View Post
    The A500 has 2 USB ports: one micro, one full size. And it supports master and slave modes.
    The A100 has only one micro USB port. It must support slave mode - plug it into a computer and it appears as a USB storage device slave controlled by the PC. But does the A100 support master mode?
    That is, can you plug in a keyboard or external storage device to the A100's micro USB, and use or control it from the A100? You would need a USB micro adapter, but does this work?
    The USB port does not support master mode. You can use a Bluetooth keyboard though.
    ASK For Help In The Rescue Squad Forum ______
    Guide HOW TO: Perform A Factory Reset
    [ROM] A100 Stock ICS firmware
    Acer Support Website

    Acer A100 -- CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    LG Nexus4 - ASOPA Kit Kat 4.4 -- LTE enabled
    i7 920 @4.2ghz - Evga X58 Classy - 8gb GSkill DDR3-1600 - HD6950 2gb @1ghz -1tb WD - Win7 Pro 64


 

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

acer a100 micro usb port
,

acer a100 tablet usb

,

acer a100 usb

,

acer a100 usb cable

,

acer a100 usb port

,

acer iconia a100 micro usb

,
cable usb de acer a100
,
iconia a100 usb size
,
micro usb acer a100
,
retractable cable for acer a100
,
usb female host cable.for acer a110
,
usb port for iconia a100
,
usb port in acer iconia a100
,
usb port on acer iconia a100
,
what is the size of acer iconia a100 usb
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.